- Your password
- A generated security code
When you enable 2FA, an application on your smartphone supplies a code that you must enter with your password to log in. Without your smartphone, you cannot log in.
Two-Factor Authentication requires a smartphone with a supported time-based one-time password (TOTP) app. We suggest the following apps:
How to enable Two-Factor Authentication on cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In "Security" section, click on Two-Factor Authentication
3. Click Set Up Two-Factor Authentication
4. Scan the QR Code on your mobile phone using the App you installed earlier.
5. Enter the six-digit code that is shown on your mobile phone into the box and click Configure Two-Factor Authentication.
That's all, Two-Factor Authentication should be enabled on your cPanel account now. You can check by logging out from your cPanel account and then log in again. You should see a page asking for secret code upon logging in.